Sunday, July 10, 2011

Craving God

I wanted to share the "thoughts of the day" for the last 3 days of  "Craving God".  This book has been such an inspiration to me thus far in my getting healthy journey.  I am also loving Cardio Chicks! It is a website created by a girl I know (her son and Audrey used to go to preschool together). She has some really great tips on there. I suggest checking it out.

Here are days 2, 3 and 4 of Craving God.

Day 2:  God made us capable of craving so we'd have an undquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone.  Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our mis-guided cravings to the only One capable of satisfying them.

On this day, I had to really sit down and think of the "cravings" in my life, and not necessarily just food, that I could replace with a craving for more of God. 

Day 3: We were made for more!! More than this failure....more than this cycle... more than being ruled by our taste buds, body image, rationalizations, and guilt.  We were made for victory.  Sometimes we just have to find our way to that truth.

This thought really touched home to me.  Sometimes I have a hard time convincing myself that I am worth all of this hard work to get healthy, but I know I am worth it to Jesus.  I know that I am worth it to my family and my friends too.  My "I'll do better tomorrow" attitude is so old and so Scarlet O'Hara, lol.  I need to do better today for Jesus, for myself and for my family. 

Day 4: Are your cravings a curse or a blessing? The answer to that question depends on what you're craving, because what we're craving will always depend on whatever we're consuming.  Is it the object of our desire, or God and His truth?

Since starting this devotion, it has been hard for me to not want to read on after each daily devotion.  I can't wait to get to the next day.  It is making me crave more God and devotion! And on a fitness note, I do not go to the gym on Sundays, but actually missed it today and can't wait to get to class (Zumba and Boot Camp) tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment